So much to announce, so much to show . . . so much happening from the opening moment right through to the final wrap. So yes, we guess you could say we had to Live Durable™ to keep up with the fast pace of October’s big event in Düsseldorf. But we really loved the buzz and adrenalin rush of launching our broadest-ever portfolio of protective performance fabric technologies designed for today’s workwear environments.
This makes for quite a longish list. But if this is your sector it’s well worth checking them all out. Because they’re going to impact positively on your market – maximising advances in fabric science to reflect the growing importance of comfort, yet at the same time helping to increase fitness for purpose. Or in the words of Cindy McNaull, global CORDURA® brand and marketing director:
“Finding next-generation solutions for today’s workers means looking at how to increase the comfort quotient and functionality of textile technologies without compromising on the durability or protection required. In collaboration with our strong mill partners, we are dedicated to developing cutting edge solutions that power the work and protectivewear of the future.”
So, how are we achieving that?
Innovation, after innovation, after innovation
There’s a big story behind each and every one of these advances in fiber and fabric technology. But let’s just give you a quick run through:
CORDURA® HI-VIS Fabrics: Our latest, lightweight, waterproof, durable 2- and 3-layer laminated high visibility fabrics for outerwear. Targeted for garments used in road/rail construction as well as security and emergency services.
- FR Solutions: A range of flame retardant coated fabrics engineered with CORDURA® NYCO fabric technology for enhanced abrasion resistance – featuring options from Arvind, India and SR Webatex, Germany.
- Carrington FlameTougher 280AS made with CORDURA® NYCO fabric technology for enhanced abrasion and tear resistance and designed to meet EN1162 for flame retardant clothing.
- Stretch Reinforcements: A range of high tenacity CORDURA® fabrics with engineered stretch technology for use in workwear garment reinforcement applications.
- CORDURA® Denim: The latest hardwearing, hard-working denims including multi-functional fabrics with high tear strength and stretch recovery functionality for service trousers.
- CORDURA® 4Ever™ Knits: French terry and fleece constructions designed to be soft, strong and long-lasting. From Ifateks, Turkey.
- CORDURA® fabrics with Susterra® bio-based membranes and coatings for footwear (Tiong Liong, Taiwan) and outdoor apparel (Everest, Taiwan)
Enter the world of CORDURA© fabrics, and Live Durable™ in 360-degree
Like we said, A+A 2017 was a pretty full on experience for our team. But know what we really loved – and never get tired of? Meeting old friends, making new ones. Listening to their CORDURA® brand stories. And, on our stand, giving them the full Live Durable ™ 3600 experience. Using state-of-the art Virtual Reality technology this gives a total immersion into the world of CORDURA® fabrics. Real people, doing real things and living durable lives. Meaning you get to see their world from literally every angle – just like we do. (Why not catch a glimpse of how that feels right here?)
From our own perspective, the show was also a great chance to look back and see how far we’d come in our 50th anniversary year, and how much there was to celebrate with everyone in the industry. And still our road show goes rolling on . . . into a more durable future.